View Single Post
Old 2010-01-26, 7:24am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
You would be shocked to hear I have a really old camera, Sony Mavica, only 1.2 mega pixels. The Sony guy laughed when he saw it last year when I brought it in to ask him a question. I told him off though. It does the job so what is the problem? That is exactly what I said to him.

Don't be a camera snob haha.

Anyways, it is really about lighting and making your equipment work for you.

Ya I am going to get a new camera when funds allow but I don't feel I HAVE to.
Exactly. Some of the best photos I've seen came from an old 1.3mp Sony point and shoot. Everyone gets so caught up with having all these lenses they don't need and all this fancy lighting and expensive light tents and all that. My entire photo setup cost less than $30 (not including my camera, which I already had). You don't need special lights or anything. Mine are just plan $8 flood lights I bought at Lowe's. Using the basic bulbs that came in them. My light tent is made of PVC and a piece of white fabric.

If someone really wants to improve their photos, read your camera manual, and learn to shoot with your camera in "manual" mode. And go pick up a book on digital photography. Learn what all those little buttons and dials on your camera do before you go waste money on something you don't need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.