View Single Post
Old 2019-05-28, 11:56pm

Quote:
Originally posted by Dasi
A torso tutorial for the sculpturally challenged
https://writemyessaytoday.net/

A torso tutorial for the sculpturally challenged
By Heather Ferman

I have been lucky enough to have many teachers in my two years of lampworking. I have learned so many wonderful techniques from each one. I think these beads are a compilation of techniques I learned from about 5 of my past teachers along with many of my own techniques thrown in.

I need to thank Chris Gorman who came over to photograph while I worked on the beads. Without her I could not have gotten accurate pictures to help with this tutorial.

Now for my inspiration. I saw a pear shaped press on CattWalk tools web site and thought….hmmm I am shaped like a pear…..”What if”……..and I had to try it. Thank you Catt for creating the press……it has been so much fun to work with. So here is the what if.
Step 1 Pick any color glass but ivory to start. Ivory is very soft and might be difficult to practice with. Make a half bicone shaped bead. Press in the pear shaped press. You do not even have to worry about over filling the press. I like to have extra glass to work with so I do this on purpose.
Thanks, Heather!
I always had problems with the torso. My first one was abysmal, and I just threw it away. The second one is still lying on the shelf, then I tried again a couple of times and nothing worked (can't make myself continue trying). I do have some progress with roses (and other flowers too). Somehow, roses seem to be easier to make and the form is quite variable.
__
Author: Cabbage Roses Compared To Traditional Roses

Last edited by FrankLucido; 2019-05-28 at 11:59pm. Reason: typos