View Single Post
Old 2015-02-06, 7:31am

So I made it to Mills Fleet Farm yesterday and sure enough they had a 16 oz (by weight) bottle of EZ Slide Graphite Powder. IT WAS $6.29... They also had much larger containers proportionately priced.

I was also happy to find 4" x 10" copper/brass sheets in gauges 16 thru 32 (not all gauges in each metal); I purchased 28/32 brass sheets @ $3.09/4.69 and 22/26 gauge copper sheets @ $5.89/7.79. They also had tiny tubing and solid rods in aluminum and brass as well as a few very small sizes of copper tubing at what I thought are also very good prices.

I live just outside Des Moines Iowa and even though it's a reasonably sized metropolitan area, we have few sources for craft/hobby stuff. And at the very few specialty "hobby" shops (not Joann or Michael's, etc.) their prices are very high...

Anyway thought I'd share the info in case anyone has a Mills FF nearby

I'll be trying the graphite powder mixed with latex paint first, as I couldn't find the liquid floor polish (wax) that I wanted. I'll post results once the rectifier arrives and I get going...

Sharon in Iowa

p.s. MFF also had the EZ Slide Graphite Powder in an alkyd "paintable" product... I guess this is a great thing to use on the underside of lawnmower decks. Keeps the grass from sticking... Anyway, even though it's not water based and easily cleaned up, might be worth trying. I'm curious as to how thick it is... couldn't tell by shaking the can ...

Last edited by ItsMeSB; 2015-02-06 at 7:35am.