View Single Post
Old 2015-02-22, 8:45pm

Well, my graphite/floorwax paint doesn't appear to be very conductive (at x10) but I've got it soaking anyway. The suspension wire was wrapped around the tip for the first couple of hours and the EF coating spread from top to bottom.

Even though the other day I got nice shiny copper where the wire was touching the shell, today I'm getting the dull salmon coating. The rectifier was set at .05 so I raised it to .09. I removed the wire and re-wrapped it before it got stuck; I wrapped it loosely around the whole shell. The copper does not scratch off and is only as rough as the graphite/floorwax coatings... not bad but not smooth either. I'll let it go overnight and see what happens...

Phill, I'm curious about your friends plastic container... Only 4" tall? Not tall like the beaker? Hmmm... How are things laid out with a flat vs. tall container?

I have a couple of containers of baking soda on the table where I'm setup, but like the cat litter idea or some other kind of absorbent. I do have a few nosy cats that I'm afraid will check stuff out one of these days, which is why I want to use a container I can seal up tightly. I think you can buy litter with baking soda to help control the odor. 2 for the price of 1 .