View Single Post
Old 2008-12-10, 6:29pm
Linda Linda Honey, lookit

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid
Are these windows double hung? Will the top sash move down? If so it would be very easy to set up a hood and duct work.
No they aren't double hung. They are the old type windows with the pulleys and weights in them. I'm doing good to have THIS window open as much as it does. Its one of only two in the house that open, and the only reason the second one opens is because its a modern window upgrade in the master bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruca
christopher, people are not trying to "piss in your cheerios" they are trying to make sure your cheerios do not KILL you.
Well the delivery sure SUCKS! Instead of "Not to rain on your parade, but that is not ventilation..." How about "Thats a good start! Are you planning on advancing to more adequate ventilation in the future?" And instead of "Your going to kill yourself" how about "Are you aware of the inherit risks of breathing constant fumes?" People sit around all day and say "I do this, and I do that, and this is how it should be done." Well what works for you, doesn't necessarily work for me. So how about a little encouragement instead of constant negative "your wrong" undertones? I actually took some peoples advice after the last fiasco and put some thought into it, thought I was doing good, only to turn around and be told that I was wrong again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggybubby
I was doing the box fan in the window set up.....what you are going to "upgrade" to. I ended up with pneumonia 2 times last year. Lung damage.
Sorry about your luck, but just because the box fan didn't work for you, doesn't mean it wont work for me. Perhaps you were a child who was sick more often that I was, and thus your lungs are more sensitive. I was never sick as a child, and have rarely ever been sick as an adult. Furthermore, I was raised around dust, dirt, chemicals, gases, tools, workshops, fertilizers etc. Perhaps what bothers you, wont bother me. But I'll definitley remember your sicknesses when I am torching and put safety first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewdb
3rd, do you have air coming from another source at least 10ft away from where you're exhausting?
Yes. This room is at the very end of the house, and the window is on the farthest wall from the interior. If you were looking at an "L" this would be the very end. Not only would the box fan be pushing contaminated air out, it would also be pulling conditioned fresh air from the hallway, and fresh outside air from a window behind me. I could also open the door in the hallway, just outside the room that would also allow extra outside air in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.