View Single Post
Old 2008-12-10, 9:33pm
Flamewoman

Christopher~
I must tell you why (mainly) I told you about my friend, and commented that your "ventilation" was not, truly, ventilation at all.
A lot of people who are new to lampwork, or just considering lampwork read this
forum. I would not want anyone who is uninformed thinking that your system, or one like
it was adequate to protect them from the NOX fume created by the torch/melting glass/etc.
There are many ways people go about providing for ventilation. My belief is that there must be a hood, or something like a hood, to capture and evacuate the plume of gasses released by torching. There also must be an adequately sized blower attached to said hood to accomplish this. Make up, or replacement air must come from at least 10 feet away from exit air from said system.
So don't think it's all about you, it's not. I really wish everyone who does lampwork would think about their longterm health, and the health of others who share their environment.
I wish you a happy holiday, a long life, & continued good health for you and all your family. Take care.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PLEASE like my page!

Last edited by Mary K; 2008-12-10 at 11:56pm.