View Single Post
Old 2008-12-11, 6:06am
Linda Linda Honey, lookit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
So don't think it's all about you, it's not. I really wish everyone who does lampwork would think about their longterm health, and the health of others who share their environment.
I wish you a happy holiday, a long life, & continued good health for you and all your family. Take care.
Its not all about me, and I try to live my life like nothing ever is. But THIS thread was started by ME, and was about MY ventilation, and if you are/were replying to someone other than the OP, then in the future you need to put a disclaimer in your post that you have done as such.

Furthermore, to blindly believe that EVERY newcomer discounts safety and does not think about the inherit risks, is a generalization, and is hardly fair to "said" newcomer. It is just as unfair to chastise someone who IS trying to do their best, because of that belief.

I realize that my setup is not optimal. Would I like to have a hood? SURE! Can I afford one at the time? Probably not. But does that mean that torching is completely out of the question? Surely not. I may not be able to sit behind the torch for 6, 7, or 8 hours a day, but I can surely make a bead or two, in a few hours each day. The common misconception is that because one doesn't have a vent hood, or some elaborate setup they aren't thinking about ventilation. And in my opinion, THAT'S just plain ignorant.

I also wish you and your family a Happy Holiday, and may your life be just as long and healthful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.