View Single Post
Old 2015-05-17, 7:36pm
Flamewoman

Yes I think I understand your question Lana, the red flower right above your post is made from laying down a line of Asian red and then covering it ( right on top ) with a line of caramel. I like to do that a lot. But there are so many different ways to make petals. If you lay down a line and then lay the next line slightly farther away from center when it compresses it will be UNDER the first line. Mainly the reason I like to lay down a line and then cover it with another color is make the first color develop in a way that I am looking for. For instance, lay down a line of silver creek and then lay right on top of it a line of caramel and see what happens, I would either score it with an exacto knife, or push it into a curve with cuticle pushers, then slight score. ( cuticle pushers are one of my favorite tools!) Try these things Lana and post what you get! If you know how to strike the silver creek your results can be really pretty, hot pink.
Here is an example of line right above the first line, see how the dark blue goes under the top color?
the blue line was laid down right above the white line, not on the white but above it, further away from center.
now it is under the white! funny how that works out

both of these are line on top of line, one is asian red for first line and one is silver creek for first line, both are backed with caramel. Line on top of line.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PLEASE like my page!

Last edited by Mary K; 2015-05-17 at 9:55pm.