View Single Post
Old 2011-06-11, 10:20am
Triumphantly Knit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
Don't think a #1 will last you very long on the miniCC but I have no first hand knowledge. Those canisters are about $3 here and a fill up for a 5# BBQ tank is $3 a gallon or about 25 pounds so you really might consider using a BBQ tank even if you have to drag it in and out every time you torch. Dale's solution for the HH also works well but why not move up to a 'big girls torch'? You know you want to...
I have no place to store a 5# tank. I'm on the second level in a condo complex, our outside tiny deck is above where my neighbours bbq, yes they light that sucker under the wood, it's NJ whad'ya want...

I can build a box and hang from the railing (like a planter) a box to hold 1# cannisters but not a 3 or 5# major bummer.

and oh yes, I want to!!!

the step from cannister to torch vs cannister to hose to torch scares me, but I just need someone to show me and I think I can get that to happen<hoping> and then I'll be good.

thanks for all the responses. I can start with the hose to the mapp can to the HH until I get an oxycon, that will start to get me used to idea.

now to psyche myself into it...

namaste
Rowyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.