View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 5:56pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tumblingdragonz View Post
I'm, finally, at the place to do this. We tried to find steak savers a while ago and no one had them and then money got tight so now, if I can't find one locally I'll get one online.

I spoke with Malcolm who is very, very nice and really explained things to me AND I understand what he told me!

His suggestion was a smith bunson burner control valve regulator or the pancake regulator. I think his point was that by the time I buy the steak saver and the pancake regulator it will cost the same as the adjustable regulator.

Hmmmm, but do I need to adjust the flow? I'll go back and reread the posts.

He also suggested that since I can legally have 2 1# propane tanks, that I run 2 into a T connector for more volume so my cans don't freeze up so quickly.

I wish I had someone locally who could show me this. I'm scared of it. Remember(how would you remember? I remember, it took me 4 years to light the HH).

So, thank you, any help, reassurance is appreciated.

Do I need clamps for the hoses? do they come with clamps, yeah I do need clamps...what size?

thanks

namaste
Rowyn
Yes, malcolm is a great guy to learn from. When I first started last year he helped in many ways to bring me up to speed. Again remember that volume and pressure are not the same. You will be adjusting the gas volume at the torch valve and the pressure at the regulator. I would go with the adjustable regulator as he suggested. It will give you more flexibility.