View Single Post
Old 2014-10-25, 8:29pm
Borovangelist

FWIW: (and keep in mind I work boro with a RedMax torch that throws a 3-4' flame)

1) I'd keep a crack off jar. Ceramic coffee mugs are cheap at the dollar store. While they're nice for having somewhere to stick a burnt finger, I wouldn't; that's a good way to jab a stringer into a burn wound. I *have* used my ice coffee to cool a burn once though. S*** happens. Not having one isn't really a safety violation, per se, but it's a good thing to have. If the metal on your bench is aluminum you run the risk of some unsafe fumes at the worst, warping at the least. Costs you a buck to fix the "problem".

2) My bench is 4' deep only so I don't burn the back wall, not because I'm worried about glass flying. When I've worked soft glass in class I did accidentally throw some chips when I was bad about pre-warming, but they actually went sideways. I'd say having the table 5' across would be good, that gives 2.5 feet per person.

3) Tools (aside from graphite and tungsten) don't go in the flame, it ruins them.

4) That's bad on your wrists to angle so steeply at yourself, and you run the risk of deflecting the flame up towards your fingers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|