View Single Post
Old 2012-02-20, 11:40am
Salt Box Beads

Unfortunately no. Every work space is different and the math done to figure out the requirements fit that particular size work space.

It is a headache to get it all done correctly and safely.

We all have gone through this, I think I ate several pounds of chocolate.

Decide on your work area first, how you will vent through the wall, window, or door? How you will do your replacement air and then work on the actual fan size needed, hood for the space and enclosure ( Barley Box ) makes it very efficient especially when you add a baffled front.

I read these threads until I was dizzy and had a headache but eventually it all comes together and makes sense.

After I got the workbench set up I had another headache trying to figure out how to sit or stand without aches and pains. Finally got that figured too. It took about 6 months over all to really know what I needed. Eventually I learned I really needed a respirator because I am more sensitive with sinus problems.

The respirator lets me leave a torching session feeling the same as I went in, A magnifyer over the shield lets my eyes feel the same as when I started the session, kevlar sleeves keep my arms from burning from the radient heat, proper height adjustment keeps my neck and shoulders from aching. There is so much to learn but basically I just wanted to go in and then come out of the studio feeling about the same.

Without all of the above adjustments I felt much worse after torching.

It will take time but you will figure it all out...eventually.

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2012-02-24 at 10:58am.