View Single Post
Old 2016-05-02, 7:00pm

I have the same problem here in Canada, Ontario. I want to use Alpha torch on NG and oxycon. I have a capped gas line within 5 feet of my lampwork place in the laundry room on the main floor of the house. I asked the heating contractor company (who seem knowledgeable as they did a good job in our other house over the years) to bring NG line closer to the torch and install extra shut off valve, so that I can connect T-hose to it. The contractor said that he can do the job, but first he needs to make sure that the torch is CSA certified. He also said that the red T hose cannot be used with NG because the hose also should be CSA certified. He said that he would connect the torch to NG with TSSA pipe and fire check is not needed. I know they want it to be safe. But there are all kinds of torches sold and manufactured in Canada, yet there is no clear regulation on their use. We have gas stoves used in houses, but the little bench burner is a problem ? I called Artistry in Glass where I ordered Alpha, and they said that the torch is classified as a bench burner that does not need to be CSA approved. Will try another gas contractor (:
P.S. The video of kids learning glass art https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2sYfaD7wRE