View Single Post
Old 2010-08-06, 6:17pm

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure both were done with the aqua powder, it keeps the glow the longest.
Here's how I do my stringers.
Take a rod of whatever color you want to use and heat the tip until it forms into a glowing, pea-size ball
Roll just the glowing ball in the glow powder.
Starting JUST BELOW the end of the glow powder on your rod, take another rod and begin wrap-encasing the glass/glow powder, wrapping upwards towards the top of the rod until the powder is totally encased. You have to start below where the glow powder is stuck to the glass as your encasing glass will not stick to the glow powder itself.
Reheat the end of the rod to smooth out the encasing
Roll in glow powder and encase 2-3 more times so you have a blob of glass that contains 3-4 layers of glow powder
After your final layer of encasing, heat everything through and pull into stringer.
This method will result in a stringer with a pretty consistent amount of glow powder through the whole stringer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.