Thread: Cork Flooring
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 1:42pm
Formerly Fancypants

I don't have my equipment unpacked yet and am no way of checking different samples, cement flooring is not an option being it was an office trailer and we want to keep the wheels on it for tax reasons.. I think my DH is trying to keep me safe by using cork, guess someone had mentioned it to him. Must not have been someone using a torch to melt glass for bead work. From what I have read so far, I sure don't want to smell anything melting from a piece of hot glass, and smoking. Gee this is a fix, I am wondering if he is thinking of putting it on my work bench, he isn't here to ask right now, oh no he mentioned putting aluminum on that. Is there something that can be rolled and attached down to the floor. I don't need anything fancy, it's just going to be my back yard studio. I am thinking if some kind of cork is used and pieces of glass would break, like an exploding bead that did happen to me and it landed in my bra, big time ouch and scar anyway wouldn't the pieces of glass stick into the cork, now I am wondering if that is even a good idea.
He wants to get me up and started. I can't wait too, this (studio) is going to be so nice when it is completed. I still have stuff glass and supplies still in Ohio, stained glass and supplies in a storage shed, glass rods and equipment in an extra room up stairs and stuff stored in my basement, I need to get all this stuff brought together so I can start beading and stained glassing again.
Anyone who wants to put in any suggestions about anything here would very well be appreciated.
Thanks again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.