View Single Post
Old 2008-01-08, 2:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi Razz View Post
When I do my encasing on a triangle bead or a striped bead, I keep getting a really good end on my right side and my left side seems to not get the encasing and the base color "leaks" out. What am I doing wrong?

Also I always seem to have one side that has more clear than the other, any way to fix that?

I had taken a break from these for awhile because I kept doing the same things! I now try to do at least one at torch time! Just tried again last night and same thing happened, It was a white bead with red and blue stripes. Started with a white disk, then added blue and red dots, melted them down a bit and then added the clear. The right looks wonderful, but the left end, while it has a good pucker, has the white showing instead of the clear over it. Any help would be wonderful for this newbie!

Thanks a bunch for the great tutorial!
This is something that almost all bead makers must contend with. Most people are more dominant on one side of the body than the other. My guess is that you’re right-handed. Without realizing it, you’re applying slightly more glass and heat to the right side of your bead. This is natural for a right-handed person. It’s just going to take a bit more awareness on your part to treat both sides of the bead equally and to really know where the center is. In your case, the center will be slightly to the left. Not that it really is, but given your right-side dominance, it will feell that way.

Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.