View Single Post
Old 2012-11-10, 9:01pm
Mad about Glass

I'm glad you raised these questions.

There are many wonderful tutorials teaching techniques and I appreciate these and that the bead maker is willing to share the technique. I also find that these people give credit where it is due to past teachers.

However, I have become more and more disturbed by people recycling information about "techniques" into "new" tutorials. I have never said a word about this for fear of offending. I'm also amazed at tutorials being sold for beads using "techniques" that anyone interested in glass could work out for themselves and when they are often selling a bead design not a technique.

It seems to me that no-one wants to think and discover for themselves anymore or buy books that have been around for ages and already contain most of the information that is being reworked in some of these tutorials. Much of it can also be gleaned free from Wet Canvas and LE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[url]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.