View Single Post
Old 2017-11-15, 3:29am
Phill

You would be surprised at the tiny size of some of the spiders that live outside and would think that tiny hose opening would make a wonderful home.

As for turning over a propane tank I don't have any idea what kind of "gas bubble" the guy was thinking of but I do know that all kinds of gunk can collect in the bottom propane tanks and that just moving them from the trunk of the car into the house can stir it all up and clog everything from your regulator to your hoses to your check valves and flashback arrester to your torch internal tubing.

I always let my propane tank sit for at least an hour if I can help it. A full day if it is at all possible.

Is there any chance you hose or your regulator is made for acetylene? Make sure the hose is marked "Type T" to be compatible with propane.

Propane gas in acetylene hose will cause it to disintegrate and form tiny balls of liquid rubber that will then clog everything else.

If you leave it too long the hose or regulator can leak as well and that can lead to unexpected 'Booms' that your home insurance will most likely not cover.

I would start by removing the flashback and check valves and trying it without them.
They are not strictly needed and they will be the things that would be the most sensitive to gunk, corrosion or cheap manufacture.
Then I would beg, borrow or buy another regulator and see if you can isolate it to one of those keeping in mind that it could well be all three that have problems.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2017-11-15 at 3:35am.