View Single Post
Old 2010-02-08, 11:41am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdimatteo View Post
Linda,
Thank you for that explanation. I like understanding why I'm doing something. I appreciate you taking the time to follow up with me. I'm thinking about getting longer hoses to put the propane further away from my work area. Does this seem like a good idea to you? The patio is large and I could probably have it at least 15 feet away. Is that extra distance a good idea? Thank you for the help you've already given me.
Hi Mary - Grade T hoses typically come in two lengths: 12.5 feet and 25 feet. You could add a 12.5 foot long length to your existing 6' hose (I'm guessing from your first post) and be fine. It's never a bad idea to keep the tank as far away from you as is reasonable.

Do the windows or screen openings go all the way to the ground? If not, you will want to put the propane tank outside of your screened in patio - you may need extra hose length in that case. Even though your screened porch is open to air flow, propane sinks and can pool at ground level unless there is some way for it to escape (like a ground-level air vent or something that acts like one).

As for perfect beads..... I think the best part of Bead Nirvanah is just trying to get there! I'll probably never make a perfect bead, but it sure is entertaining to keep trying.

Linda