View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 9:48am
Floral Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmerrill View Post
Hello everyone, love the tutorial! I am a newbie and I was wondering about the term 'cold seal' Iam guessing you don't heat up the punty to attach it. Would I be correct?
Teresa from Hansville
It's a term I learned here on LE from Cosmo and Smiley, I think... You're definitely on the right track with your guess, except that you do have to heat up the punty a *tiny* bit. Then blow on it to cool it down. The bit you want to attach it to for stretching out (or as a *very* temporary handle) should be soft-hot but not glowing-hot. Touch them gently until you see them press together, then pull back a touch. If your timing is right, you should be able to gently snap off the punty once the other side cools down, or after blowing on the seal. It's very handy for all kinds of things!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nov. 2003-Nov 2005 --> QuietTorch, 1lb MAPP ::
:: Nov. 2005-May 2007 --> Piranha, NG, 1 Solaris oxycon ::
:: May 2007-Present --> Piranha, NG, 2 Solaris oxycons