View Single Post
Old 2021-02-15, 9:11pm

5 hours is pretty good on the outer flame for a Delta Polly. The sidewinder is much smaller with a 15 port outer flame. Called Airgas today and they will fill a 150 cu. ft. Cylinder for $50 out the door which I don’t mind paying for if it will last 5-6 hours. I figure I will fill it 1-2 times a month as a hobbyist and running the 10lpm concentrator on the center fire. I’m about an hour away from Santa Cruz, I’d love to check out your setup and artwork sometime once Covid is over.

The issues I’m having with the house Ryan are the circuit breaker is ancient and with other things on the circuits like the refrigerator the available amps are too low to mess with. I read to only load 16 amps max load onto a 20 amp breaker. I mapped out my house’s electric to where each breaker goes and all the circuits only have like 9-13 amps available due to the other appliances connected to them.

I think I have decided with how terrible the house electric is and having to run extension cords for the kiln and concentrator that an inverter generator is my best bet so I can power everything off of it and not burn the house down. I would have 13-15 amps from the kiln,5-6 from the 10lpm concentrator and 2-3 for the ventilation fan and LED lights so a 30 amp generator shiould be able to handle it just fine or I could even add another concentrator. Let me know if you guys have any experience running equipment off a generator. It feel like it should work as long as I stay within the rated load.

Looks like homefills are hard to come by. I called a couple of medical supply oxygen places and they won’t sell to me because I don’t have a prescription and all the glass blowing suppliers are sold out of 10lpm machines so currently my hands are tied. I’m checking Craigslist daily for a 10 lpm but no luck yet. I guess Covid has really hit the concentrator market hard.

Last edited by earthtones; 2021-02-15 at 9:19pm.