View Single Post
Old 2010-02-15, 9:47pm
Pyromaniac

Like Marilyn, I think I learned more this year, but both years were both fantastic!
There were so many opportunities to learn new things. Every class I took taught me something new.

Steve Sizelove was amazing -- so precise and beautiful boro work! It was a privilege to see him work.

Libby's class on murrini helped me figure out how to make a ginkgo leaf murrini, something I have been wanting to do for a long time. She even encouraged me to do it in boro! (I am soft glass challenged) I love the "don't freak out" mantra she has.

Lisa's class on metal smithing was so fun. I think I can actually solder now after mounting a cabochon on sterling silver.

The coldworking class was great too. I have newfound respect for all those bevels and windows I've seen in the past; it takes a lot of time to do it right. Sarah was willing to stay with me during lunch to finish grinding and polishing the edges of a large tile I brought with me.

And last but not least, Andrea is a fantastic teacher! I love her galaxy beads; they really do look like a sparkling galaxy. Always wanted to learn to fume and now I can thanks to her.

And those are just the classes I took.

One of the best things in this event is the stuff that gets shared outside of the classes during open torch. Just sitting next to someone can inspire you to try something new.

Late Sunday evening, I chatted with Chris in the hot shop while he worked on a commission piece and got recruited to help a little. So fun!

I am always amazed with all the soft glass workers; oooo scary, seriously, like Chris said "That Moretti is a bitch!" You all have my upmost respect.

Too tired to post pics but I've got some good ones. I'll post them on facebook soon.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.