View Single Post
Old 2010-10-12, 3:26pm
Nikki Haverstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoon View Post
As most everyone has heard me say, I think re-selling a purchased tutorial is a reasonable thing. This would allow me to expand the use of my glass $$. However, when I buy the tutorial, I agree not to, so I don't sell them. Plus I don't think my skin is fire-proof enough to take the heat if I tried to! I love my tutorials, because like many of you I can't afford expensive classes, so the tutorials and a whole bunch of practice, experimentation and advice on the board are my teachers. I just can't manage putting out $30+ dollares and still handling all the printing and binding. Times are tough here, for essentially what is a hobby. I wish I sold more, but I don't (dammit), so I can hardly call it a profession! I dig around for tips, and freebies as much as I can.
I have wondered about the sharing thing since I recently taught a class where this was debated.

I don't think you could sell a virtual version because of the nature of the material.

But I wondered if it would be a problem if you printed out 1 (only 1) copy and shared it with a friend, the way you would a book? The assumption would be that they would return the copy. The Nook has a similiar feature where you can loan a copy of one of your books, you can't read the book during that time and it will be returned after two weeks or something. Please understand that I am not saying I would do this (except for free tutorials) but I am asking if tutorial writers would be offended by that idea.