View Single Post
Old 2007-05-10, 6:32am
Bead Scientist

Oops, Patti, I hadn't checked up on this thread in a while and missed your question. Yes, the sculptural birds are all vessels. Most are made with Tink's blown vessel method for the body, then head and wings added. I have also made a few with Jennifer Geldard's vessel technique, where both the neck and bottom of the vessel are supported and the body is built like a hollow, then the head and wings are added. Those tend to be be larger.

I haven't made any birds in a few weeks and tried recently, only to have some losses. It's hard to keep it all warm until everything is finished! This bird has a last minute "tink" in one wing which I couldn't find until it was cool.

Tink, do you want to collect photos ongoing into the future? I already submitted three, but they will continue to evolve I hope.

Vickie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.