View Single Post
Old 2006-08-20, 3:29pm

Hi everyone, I'm extremely excited right now, because today we just did the first clearing of the spot in our yard for my studio shed
One important thing i thought i would point out (i didn't want to take the time to read ALL of the posts, so if its been said before please forgive me, but its important) is that drywall in a place where you going to be working iwth FIRE is essential, somthing like plywood would essentialy become a kindling pile if you were to have a small torch fire, etc. However drywall has about a one hour fire resistance, so a small fire would not be a problem. I also would recomend using somthing such as hardy plank (sp?) for the outside, because it is made of cement and glue, instead of sawdust and glue,making it virtually fire proof.
One more thing to add even more fire proofing would be to add horizontal beads through the framwork to stop an fire chanels that could occur in the wall.
Sorry about this rant, its just my 2 cents worth, my family has been having a LOT of dinner table conversations about this lately
Molly