View Single Post
Old 2007-12-30, 4:51pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Hi dulceisler, and welcome!

All beads should be kiln-annealed at some point. How you handle that is the product of many variables. Ideally, in my opinion, your work should go into the kiln as soon as you've finished work on it and it's just cool enough that you won't get marks on it from it laying on the kiln floor. It is, of course, still on the mandrel at this point, as it's just cooled off enough that it isn't glowing.

If your kiln has a bead door, this is a simple matter: Make a bead, put it in the kiln, until you're done for the day.

I'm a little pressed for time right now, or I'd address more of your questions. My best bit of advice for you is to get a good book on flameworking. There are a few out there, and they'll give you so much great info!

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.