View Single Post
Old 2012-04-21, 4:09pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

It SNOWED in my studio today!

Yes, we cut the fence rail for my glass storage - messy, but honestly not as bad as I expected. Tomorrow I need to clean it - it's full of crumbs of PVC - and glue it together, then I can start moving glass in.

We picked up the last of the lumber today, and got all the paneling finished. All that's left construction-wise is putting the loft hatches in, probably tomorrow. Otherwise, I've got some touchup painting and trim stuff to do, and some cleanup, but otherwise it's move in and get organized!

And on THAT note - my Husband was really uncomfortable with my plan to use my old beat up utility cart to house my kiln. I needed it to rest on something with wheels, so I could get it out of the way when I have someone on the second torch, so I scrubbed off the rust, painted it a happy green, and called it done. But DH was really stressed about having my kiln on something so battered and (in his opinion) wobbly.

I found a replacement online at Harbor Freight for $69, slightly nicer cart - a second shelf underneath, but when we go to the store it worked out even better. The cart I went there to buy was on sale for $49! So we put it in the cart, and wandered around to see what else was available - and then we found THIS!

It was on sale for $149 - but there was a coupon sale, and it was only $99! So not only do I have a super sturdy, heavy duty cart, it's got 4 drawers and a bottom shelf! We had to disable the lid-lock, so I can get into the drawers when the kiln is sitting on top, but once we did that it's the perfect cart for my purposes.

So stay tuned - tomorrow should be The Day, it should finally be DONE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eregel; 2012-04-22 at 3:51am.