View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 10:21am
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Loren Stump 2 "Butterfly" at FlameTree Glass coming up in MAY 2010 in ATL, GA at FlameTree Glass, Inc.!
One whole week with the lampworking living legend for $1,000.00!!!
Loren II - The Butterfly Class (5 days)

May 24-28 2010

For people who have already taken Loren I or have extensive flameworking experience. The techniques covered are similar to the Loren I class but at a more difficult level. The Murrini portion of the class will concentrate on creating repetitive patterns which will be used to construct a butterfly. Murrini cold working techniques includes sawing and polishing Murrini chips to be included in the paperweight. Sculptural techniques will examine several different methods for achieving human body and animal sculptural forms that offer more challenges than the Loren I class. The techniques include cold assembly, hot sculpture, detail overlay, temperature control, tool use, drilling holes with hot tungsten pick, and the correct application of murrini. Encasement involves a larger amount of Schott crystal and several layers within the paperweight so the butterfly appears to be hovering over the floral setup.
We also have Akihiro Okama, and Emilio Santini both teaching 2 back to back workshops!!!
Check out our FlameTree Glass Schedule here:
www.flametreeglass.com
Happy Holidays to ALL!!!,
Lance
1-888-FLAMETREE (352-6387)