View Single Post
Old 2010-02-07, 8:05am

Hi Nell and Linda,
I felt kind of stupid posting the question but it's been bothering me for a while now so I decided to go. I'm glad others also have this concern. I think I'll make some changes to my configuration. I have a flashback arrestor on the propane at the tank end. Flame Tree Glass in Atlanta kindly set up the hoses and sent the whole set up to me. She did a great job!! I knew of no one else in my small town doing lampwork and had no clue where to start. The changes I need to make are two: Put the kiln further away from the propane and put the torch in a position where I can place a fan at my back and have it blow out toward the screening. Since I work at a small (20"x29") black marble table, this will be easy to do.
Yesterday the wind was so high I finally gave up. Yes Nell the wind does blow the flame over toward my hand but I've learned to be pretty quick in moving those fingers away from the flame.
I was told I did not need a flashback arrestor on an oxycon but, like you am interested in other opinions.
Okeechobee?? We're practically neighbors!
Mary