View Single Post
Old 2014-10-21, 7:24am

This may be true but what drew most people here in the first place was glass. When glass becomes a side conversation, glass artists will find somewhere else to go since lets face it, facebook, twitter, snapchat, etc lets you share anything - even your bathroom habits but honestly, I for one don't care to share that info HERE - to me, it's about glass.

When glass quits being a highlight, I personally am moving on from LE since I came here in the first place to pick up glass info, tips and tricks, not to read you had a bad day, or have cramps, or have medical issues - we all do - harsh I know but its reality. Most of the posts in bathroom are people whining about how much life sucks. I know some feel this is the place for peer support and its a great avenue for that but lately that's the main focus of LE. I know quite a few people on here and I know most have people to share things with in their lives so why this site has become Dear Abby is really beyond me. Its way more negativity than I personally care to have on a daily basis and is one of the primary reasons why so many have moved over to other sites including Facebook.

It's one thing to have one artist complain her husband is a jerk but when you have 50 doing it and then 50 more whining about every ache and pain and then 25 complaining on how they got screwed over on some sale its too much to sort through.

I personally got sick of seeing all the complaints about anything AND everything not glass related so I created a desktop shortcut favorite as follows:

"http://lampworketc.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=36,42,60,49,64" ( the double quotes are there only so I could post it here on LE and not have it interpreted as a url - you don't need them in your shortcut)

( this is my personal list of exclusions so if there are forums on the list that you actually want to include, just remove the number from the list of excluded).

this lets you exclude all the forum topics that, for me , aren't glass appropriate, including the entire bathroom forum. I don't have to view them, ( which keeps me calm LMAO) and it prevents me from posting comments based on my reactions to the post so its better for everyone LOL.

If you right click on any forum topic header in LE and select properties, it will tell you what the forum number is, you can then exclude it.

Now - Back on topic - my favorite Lauscha color would have to be Blutonium as you can go from blue to terra cotta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Chandler View Post
I guess it would make more sense to you if you knew the history of LE and Wetcanvas. Most people that joined in the first year came from Wetcanvas because it was too rigid and all about glass.

Artists are many faceted peeps and hence all of the other daily life happenings forums and sub forums. Also glass lends itself very well to many other art forms. :smile LE has evolved over the years into a community of arts and crafts of many different kinds.:

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2014-10-21 at 8:02am.