View Single Post
Old 2014-07-31, 9:41pm
I like to melt things

I have never used Devardi, and therefore have no useful opinion to share about it, but I feel like we need to disabuse the notion that hand pulled glass is by necessity 'irregular in rod size and even shape'.

Every other glass manufacturer that hand pulls their rods (which is all of them) seems to recognize that glass rods that have these problems can't be sold as first quality product. Quality control is better with some manufacturers than others, but it is notoriously absent with Devardi.

For example, if you buy a pound of Effetre, you may get one irregularly shaped rod or one with a small stone, or no problems at all. If you buy a pound of CiM or Double Helix, it will most likely be utterly perfect and have no problems at all. If you buy a pound of Devardi, it will pretty much always be all over the map, from what I understand.

It is up to everyone individually to decide the level of poor quality that they can personally tolerate. Some colours are so desirable, that they are worth putting up with weird quality problems. However, I would be hard-pressed to accept both poor quality product AND substandard service. I hope that the OP's problem gets sorted out and that everyone else who deals with Devardi has much more positive experiences going forward.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-