View Single Post
Old 2005-11-21, 7:34am
ManBearPig

I anneal different colors at different temps. One of my favorites is GA Triple Passion (similar to Double Amber Purple). I put it into the kiln at 1100 for an hour, then ramp it down. I do flame strike it first, however.

But, occasionally I'll re-anneal a piece to bring the color out. When the color is down inside a lot of clear, that helps. I had a piece using Triple Passion that I made and was having a hard time getting the color to come out. I tried striking it a few times, but it didn't work. So, I put it in the kiln and let it cool. The next day, I ramped it up to 1200 and held it there for an hour. The color came out nice and purple.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.