View Single Post
Old 2018-09-18, 6:17pm

Update Time:

I went out and bought some roof flashing and decided to build a makeshift rim below the hood. I taped the flashing to the inside of the hood all the way around and did a burn test. I no longer smelled any smoke whatsoever in the garage. I had to walk out in the back yard to smell the burned newspaper so I believe that is a plus.

It improved, but not as much as I would have liked. I took the remaining flashing I had and just sat it around the bottom rim to make up for the small gap between the hood and the table.

This caused the air to pick up quite a bit.

The makeshift hood:

The Inside:

Since the air picked up when I filled the gap at the bottom (the gap piece is not taped to the hood extension yet) I am going to cut the remaining scrap I have left over in halves to tap along the bottom to make it touch the table. After that I plan on taping the outside of the hood extension to the table to seal as much of the air in as possible.

I did a burn test yesterday and unlike the first burn test I no longer smelled any smoke whatsoever in the garage. I had to walk out in the back yard to smell the burned newspaper so I believe that is a plus.