View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 7:53pm
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

If you use your soft glass program, you will be cooling from 1050 down to 960 rather quickly depending on the heat retention of your kiln. I suggest putting a boro program in an open slot of your controller if the space is available. Most manufacturers instructions are available on line. If it is Fuji, I could talk you through it.

Another schedule to compare is the one we use for our basic boro program. Brent Graber, aka Mr. Smiley, has been kind enough to share it with us and if you have seen his colors, it too is a great schedule.

1050 garage temp
1075 for 60min
down to 960 over the next two hours and hold for 30 min.
Off

He works hollow and solid in the same loads and this schedule has works well for all of his creations. His color palate also includes the sparkles and high silver content offenders.

I think the most important thing is not to fall into the belief that because it isn't cracked that it has been annealed fully. It still may not have been normalized and ramped down properly to be as strong as it could be. Holding at the "annealing temp" is normalizing. The slow transition down through and past the strain point is annealing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.