View Single Post
Old 2013-05-14, 12:11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieann1674 View Post
This is an interesting thread. And I am curious about it now, as I just finished printing binding and spending more money on my Paid tutorials so that I can actually use them in my shop at my torch.

I think if I were to sell my studio, equipment, tools and books I would certanly think about my compilation of PAID tutorials, my personal notes, etc. But it does raise the question.

I think we have to remember that reprinting a tutorial and distributing for profit is a NO, NO and/or calling it your own.

But if I were to ask a friend of mine to put a tutorial of mine on their web-site for sale. I would be giving that person permission to sell it (for a profit or not) and distribute it.

It raised another question though....we have tool swaps here on the forum. And some forums have lending libraries....hmmmm.

Just makes me think. I personally wouldn't sell a tutorial for profit. If I had a friend here at the house and we were learning a new technique together and I had a tutorial that I purchased...I would let her read it and use it. Would you?
Hmmm, your question brings up another question to me. What if you are selling your studio with all the contents inside, You are not selling the books but they come with the studio. This can be a complicated issue.
Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

e-mail: