View Single Post
Old 2009-01-07, 8:51am
She better not sell these

I like all 4 for different reasons.

For shaping I prefer the vetro, it is a bit stiffer and doesn't stay soupy as long.

For veins I love effetre, for caramalizing, vetro.

For reactive frits and glasses I usually stick with the light ivories because they don't turn black as quick.

For silvered stringer the darks because the silver pops more. If I want the stringer to spread I use effetre, if I want the stringer to stay smaller and more defined I use vetro.

I have a 1/4 pound of the translucent odd, I never melted it. I will have to try it now that I read this thread. Is it as reactive as the other ivories?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#T53
"I love making lampwork beads, one at a time, with a Cricket or Minnnow burner on 5LPM oxycons".