View Single Post
Old 2009-03-31, 8:31pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather/Ericaceae View Post
I tried Vetro dark ivory a while back because my supplier was out of Effetre. I find it semi-translucent in rod form, which is fine, and it does get beautiful mottling on its own. But I don't like how it reacts with silver... it just looks dirty to me, rather than rocky or magical like I was used to with Effetre. I'm surprised to hear such good things about it here. Maybe I just need to treat it differently! I still have around 2lbs of it so I'm sure I'll use it again. But luckily I have a lovely new batch of Dark Ivory Effetre again.
I mix the two. The Vetro is a couple dollars cheaper per pound than the Effetre, so if I'm making a bead with a Dark Ivory base, I lay down a little Vetro first, and then the Effetre on top. And if I want a little extra mottling/curddle, then I lay down a thin stringer of any of the silver glasses in between the two Dark Ivories. And if I need the base of the bead to be a little stiff because I'll be working it hot, then I lay down a little clear before the Vetro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.