View Single Post
Old 2010-08-16, 10:03am
ManBearPig

Well, here's my take on it...

I sell on Etsy and on my web site. I had planned on doing only one, and did a little experiment to see which one sold more. They were about even over 6 months, so right now I'm still doing both.

But, to me, the best part about a web site is not necessarily sales. It's being able to tell someone "Go to my web site", not "Go to my Etsy store". While there is nothing wrong with selling on Etsy, I just think it sounds better to be able to tell someone to check out your site, even if when they get to that site they are directed to your Etsy store to find your stuff for sale. There is just so much more you can put on a web site than you can on Etsy. I have a lot of customers that tell me they enjoy being able to find out more about the person they are buying from. More than they can get from the few paragraphs you can put on Etsy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.