Thread: Cork Flooring
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 11:44am
Sam I Am

I was thinking about cork for the Studio So I went to the flooring place and got samples. took them to the studio and heated up some glass rods and laid them on the cork (in the hood) glowing red hot to just plain old dropped it on the floor hot rods on the cork It smoked quite a bit didn't smell to great either and then there was a large black mark. The bamboo flooring actually caught fire. the Pergo laminated smoked and stunk and left a scorch mark.
Could you do Cork for the majority but something less flamable/stinky around the “drop area?
The old studio I worked in had carpet -talk about toxic smoke
My new studio has concrete and if you drop a rod it breaks for sure but nothing sticks or burns.

I suggest you do your own testing of materials most flooring stores will give you sample pieces.
Sam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dream Fire; 2012-04-26 at 11:45am. Reason: spelling at least what I caught