View Single Post
Old 2007-10-31, 4:03pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherie View Post
Im glad you didnt delete this , I will try this later today. I will also try to work cooler as Curly Girl suggested. The ways that I have tried are from Cornia's book. I can get a sort of twistie, but it doesnt come out even, it has bumpy edges and they are really, really short. Thanks for the tip
Cheri,
What torch are you on? I found that I had to do everything a little different than the books said when using a HH than when using a surface mix torch.
I had to keep putting the glass back in the flame using a HH, and the twist would be uneven.

Sometimes it takes awhile to learn to twist and pull fast enough to get a longer twist. If you twist less you get a longer pull.

Maybe concentrate on pulling more and just getting a few good twists in there the first few tries.

Mashing a gather of glass on the end of a rod, (ie,the lollipop method, chystalflip's post above) and then adding a stripe of color on either side is a good way to try.

Next heat the tip of the gather and grab all three colors with your pliers when you pull.
Also wait a few seconds before starting to pull for the skin to form on the glass.
Argh, a web-cam would be nice right about now!

My favorite way to do twists now is the from Kimberly Affleck's tutorial on here. Let me find the tutorial.....
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...horse+twisties

These are really fun to do and look so cool on beads. It seemed kind of advanced for me to try, but once I made one I couldn't stop.

Still it might be better to start with 2 colors and get that down.
I also like the toothbrush method...Do you know that one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.