View Single Post
Old 2008-01-01, 12:24am
I speak Murrini!

Hi Heather~

Wish I could arrange to have a local studio host a class for you - but, alas, I'll have to settle for the thread postings and the PMs...for now!!! You've been so generous and helpful and inspirational, as has all contributors to this thread. A special thank you to Vikki for starting it in the first place!!!! THANK YOU, VIKKI!!!! You asked just the right question, at just the right time, to yield a wealth of information. I've pulled a few more canes and I'm hoping to really sit down with all of this tomorrow (New Year's Day) to see if I can put something picture-worthy together. I've also been following the Calla Lilly Thread...a lot of good information there also. I gave two a try - the first one (pink/black base with white lillies/yellow "stamen" cane) looked a lot like Fried Eggs - ha!!!! But it was a great learning experience, and gave me the courage to march on, especially with the encasing. The second one, made with Trans. Grey Base and Med. Alabaster Turquoise Lillies - and wow, what was I thinking? Alabaster? Doink!!!! - came out quite well except for the fact that the Alabaster Lillies are more like "Ghost Lillies" and I ended up with bubbles over most of the stamen - again, lesson learned. I might just dare to post a picture of it in the Calla Thread when it comes out of the batch annealing - if it survives!

Thanks again to everyone - hope to keep this thread alive, at least for a while longer!

Happy New Year all!
DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro