Thread: Ask Mikey
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-31, 8:27pm

Default River rock

Quote:
How much R&D goes into a trying to replicate popular Odd batch? Does it depend on demand? What's the criteria?
I would like to talk about Vetrofond ODD colors and Vetrofond River Rock. Many of the Vetrofond ODD colors consist of a glass rod that looks like a millefiori, A simple one, just a bullseye with one color in the center and the other color on the outside.

In a days production of a single ODD color they might produce 1,500 pounds. During the production the diameter of the center color will get larger or smaller and that will have a large effect on the color of the rod.

Many years ago Vetrofond was trying to make an avocado color. We renamed it River Rock.

We tried to replicate and get more RIVER ROCK. The factory used the same formula, same equipment and same method, but no RIVER ROCK.

I know I did not answer each question, I will work on answering them in another story.

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206