Thread: Loops/ Bails
View Single Post
Old 2015-06-04, 7:27pm
Borovangelist

It depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Occasionally I use the bail biters to make one, but that's not really my favorite.

I've done a grab and pull, but the problem with that is that you run the risk of a thin spot near the end of the taper. It can look nice though and there's a time and a place for it. Light hollow pendants, for example, lend themselves well to it.

Normally I'll hotweld a thin-ish rod, burn it off 1/2" or so from the pendant, then use tweezers and a fluffy flame to heat and bend it over and tack it close to the pendant back, shape and smooth with the flame and reamer, then use a sharp flame to make sure the end of the loop is well melted into the back of the pendant, then I give it a smooth with a flat edge. Honestly, it's faster for me than the bail biters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|