View Single Post
Old 2014-08-26, 3:22pm

Default Pandora - Really! And I make paper beads.

When I stumbled across this forum and the article about Pandora and Etsy shops, I had to join to share my experience. I am relatively new to Etsy and only began making jewelry this year. I admire you guys who are true artisans! However, I have found that paper seems to be a niche for me and have had good luck selling precut paper strips for people who do want to cut strips themselves.

I have listed a few pieces of paper bead jewelry and paper beads on Etsy. One such set of beads referenced the large hole paper beads with grommets were inspired by European and Pandora type beads. Now obviously it didn't even infer that they were Pandora beads nor even like Pandora beads, and no one that is looking for Pandora beads is going to have any interest in a PAPER bead! Yet Etsy deactivated my listing because this Natasha Klincharova with snbreact sent them a notice of infringement. Obviously, I removed the word "pandora" and scoffed at the foolishness of getting in a tizzy over a paper bead! After reading your comments, I really feel bad for you guys that Pandora is causing such a pain for your products. I guess I have to be really careful about admitting to sources of inspiration.

Thanks for letting me vent.