View Single Post
Old 2006-10-18, 11:56am
Oh No You Didn't!

Rule# 256. Make sure you put your icicles in the kiln flat or you'll get some curvey icicles. I made the mistake of piling them on top of eachother so some are a little curvey but they'll look good on my tree...LOL I'm going to make some more today and this time make sure they are laying flat.

I definately need to figure out a better way to take pictures of them. But this will have to do for now.

Oh yeah, not one single one broke so that's a good sign.

Now, the ones on the left are the first ones I made and I didn't flatten the paddle again after I laid on the stringer and encasing. I just heated it round and pulled, so you get more of a smooth twistie look. The ones further to the right are the ones I decided to flatten the paddle a second time and you get more of a twisted ribbon look. The longer you wait to twist and pull, the more ribbony it will look like the pink one on the end at the right which I think is the best one of the bunch.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is............. Deb
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon