View Single Post
Old 2007-10-28, 8:03pm

Default Enamel Stringers

There has been some interest in pulling enameled stringers and so I thought I would try my hand at giving my first tutorial in LE. I hope this all helps those who wanted to do this. smiles Kerry

Supplies, 1 rod ivory, needle nose pliers, and some enamels

Heat the end of the ivory rod till you get a pea size ball at the end.

Roll the end of the rod into the enamels, and heat. The more you repeat this step the darker the stringer.

Heat it in well but do not over heat as it will bubble away and this is called boiling the enamels. Which has it's place in some designs for sure.

Once heated thouroughly, take out of the flame let cool a bit then grab with the pliers and start to pull.

The slower you pull the thicker the stringer. the faster you pull the thinner the stringer.

Pull out to desired length and let cool.

Take your pliers and break off close to the rod. Repeat these steps using different colors till you have a variety of colors to work with.
Have fun. and always remember to wear appropriate safety gear when working with enamels. Kerry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Etsy:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'A creative mess is better than a tidy idleness'

SRA #C-126