Thread: Horse tutorial
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-22, 12:08am
yukue fumei

OK-here we go! Sorry, some of the pics are blurry. I needed both hands to sculpt so I took pics after each step and tried to draw my actions. Hopefully it is easy to figure out Oh, and I am only explaining on one side but you can do both sides
This is my first soft glass horse bead in a long time. I tried to make horse heads when I was first starting out and found it very difficult to balance things when I made the entire head and neck as one piece. That's why I decided to make the head first and then attach it to the neck. There are many things I would do different after making this horse, so please bear with me, I'll try and explain why. Thanks and I hope this helps you!

Flame-soft and wide. (FYI, I am on a GTT Cheetah--it has a nice wide flame. I am using a concentrator)
Do alot of insurance heat, especially when you put the head and neck together! If you are making a wearable bead, you don't have to do both sides. If you want to do colors like blazes or eyes, you need to incorporate those in as you go....

Head:
you will need a graphite paddle and marver
a poker
non serrated blunt end tweezers
thin pointed end tweezers
shears
punty

First, heat up a good sized gather. Here I have Moretti clear, about 16mm since I am making a fairly large head. You can use a smaller amount if you want a smaller bead. Use Clear as a base to save some money and stabilize the glass in case you choose a color that tends to be soft.
(

Add the color you like on top. Here, I am using Double Helix T-78

Marver it smooth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nagibeads; 2007-10-22 at 6:26am.