View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 3:27pm

Default ::rant warning::"Weirdo-Glass" Disclosures....PLEASE!!

I'm so frustrated!!! I just purchased a bundle of three tutorials, was really excited about the content of them -- right up until I read the first one. It unexpectedly requires/recommends non-104 COE glass.

ummm...Did you tell us about this and I just missed it? I was under the impression, since nothing else was stated (that I saw, anyway) that these tutorials were made using COE 104 glass.

Finally had a chance to start reading, and the first one I opened up, "Small Shells" lists Bullseye glass rods, and then some strips of Spectrum sheet glass. YIKES!! That would have been a complete deal-breaker for me, had I known about it before making a non-refundable purchase.

I'm sorry if this is offensive, but I don't think that this is a fair thing to do. I had planned on asking questions before purchasing any more tutorials, after buying several that require/recommend TERRA. Suggesting a glass that is not even in production without giving advanced warning is not my idea of fair business practices, and neither are the materials that are recommended in this Small Shells tutorial. I'm really kicking myself for not asking, but unfortunately, I just expected a higher ethical standard from these particular authors.

$50 was hard to scrape together, but their beads look beautiful, and I felt that I'd be learning enough new things to make it worthwhile. Now, I'm concerned that I have basically flushed the $$ down the drain. I'm afraid to even take a peek at the other two tutorials - don't even want to know what surprises they might hold!

It's all fair and good to say that there will be no refunds made on digital media because there is no physical property to return. If you are going to stand behind that protection for yourselves, then you are even more honor-bound to disclose any information that could make it unexpectedly difficult or impossible for us to actually make use of your tutorials.

If I were selling something...maybe an electronics item that required several different cables, connectors, weird tools, etc. to use, I would be in big trouble if that information were not provided to potential customers BEFORE they made the purchase. It would need to be clearly written on the outside of the package, or put in the "fine print" or something to give people a fighting chance of getting what they THOUGHT they were buying.

Why aren't the tutorial writers being held to that same standard of fair and honest disclosure?

Birdy