View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 4:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah View Post
I can understand your wanting to alert tut publishers to the fact that some people might prefer it if the supplies were listed in the tutorial "What You're Getting" page, but there's a MUCH better way to go about it than throwing a hissy. You can speak up without coming across the way you did in your original post.

How about:

I just purchased a few tutorials and love the information I received, but would like to offer a suggestion to the authors. Can you please specify in the ad which COE is to be used and if there are any specialty glass or tools that I need to make this piece?

Much better than:

For shiz? Just because they didn't say which glass you're supposed to use, their ethics are being called into question?

I apologized for going about it so roughly, but sometimes frustration takes over, and a person doesn't have the time or energy to try to meet everybody's standards of propriety. With a group of this size, it wouldn't matter what I said or how I said it, somebody would be in a snit over it, - there are so many people with so many opinions. My personal choice was just to speak honestly, from my heart, and I'm willing to take the fallout from it.

That was also why I titled the post as a "rant" - it was fair warning that this was going to be my personal opinion and would probably not be in a politically correct format. If you chose to disagree with me, or my methods, that is perfectly fine. I'm not trying to change your mind about anything.

So, thank-you for your lesson in proper manners and deportment in a public forum.

Birdy