View Single Post
Old 2013-08-23, 12:32pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

So here are some photos using the new light tent. I didn't adjust anything on my camera (a very old but trusty Sony DSC F-717) other than to use the gray sheet and set the white balance. I didn't exactly understand if you do that AND the 18% gray in a corner or if that is an EITHER/OR situation...

I use a stone floor tile for the background because it works with my jewelry and metals shots for Etsy. That's what you see in all three (the same tile).

I used the eye dropper/Levels setting on the 18% gray corner in all three and you can see the black cuff isn't cooperating. I have always had trouble photographing black jewelry...this one is compounded because it has a matte finish on it. The purple cuff is actually showing the glossy finish much better than I've seen it with the old light setup. The duo is also a matte finish lacquer and the photo is looking kind of flat to me (over and above the "flat matte finish")

Suggestions?
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.